Join in!

Our posts are written by various authors who are on pilgrimage! Enjoy and share in the conversation by commenting on posts!

Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'd Rather Be

"We are a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea.  But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be."

These lyrics are from the song Rather Be which randomly came on my Spotify on my flight to France.  And the song has been stuck in my head since I've been here. There were many feelings before getting on the flight,  "what can I Expect?",  "is the money worth It?" and "is this how I want to spend 10 days of my summer?" But there's a sense of belonging and peace that has come over me since we started our journey.  We all come with our own baggage and our own struggles, sacrifices that we have made.  But each of us on this journey are exactly where we are supposed to be. This trip parallels with faith sometimes we don't know what God has in store for us but we just have to trust Him,  and take the leap. Now, I don't know what the final destination is but I'm excited to soak in every inch of this journey.

"We staked out on a mission to find our inner peace. Make it ever lasting so nothings incomplete. It's easy being with you sacred simplicity, as long as we're together there's no place I'd  rather be."

-by Opal Vadhan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some comments with our group!